Cosmetic dentistry is one of the most important aspects of dentistry when it comes to helping people of any age enjoy a better quality of life. That said, dental implants are generally recognized as the next best thing to having your natural healthy teeth in place. What makes implants so desirable is that they look natural and feel like one’s very own teeth. Best of all, when you choose dental implants, the result will be natural-looking teeth without the need to damage existing natural teeth. For example, adjacent healthy teeth must be modified to accept bridgework. Because implants are secured directly into the jawbone, this is not necessary or required.
As a bonus, dental implants offer patients natural-looking teeth without any adverse side effects such as worn-out natural teeth or sagging facial skin. Protecting existing healthy natural teeth and keeping the shape of your face can be as easy as choosing the implant option. Implants are also highly effective at protecting the jawbone from deterioration over time. As a note, it is essential to meet with your oral surgeon or periodontist to make sure that you are indeed the right candidate for dental implants. Here are 13 excellent reasons to consider choosing dental implants as a way to restore your smile and your dental health.
- Unlike dentures, bridgework, or root canal therapy, implants are easier to restore and easier to repair. Also, implants are much simpler to maintain and have a higher success rate overall.
- Dental implants, by their very nature, protect your natural teeth very effectively. As compared to tooth-supported bridges that require natural healthy teeth to be ground down to accept a crown, dental implants are far less destructive in this regard. Stated, the tooth-supported bridge installation process ruins natural healthy teeth. Because dental implants are positioned directly into the jawbone, they have no impact on surrounding healthy teeth.
- Most importantly, implants help to prevent existing teeth from shifting or moving out of place, as would be the case if there were space between the teeth.
- With implants, there is no need to worry about becoming embarrassed, as would be the case with dentures. While denture adhesives do work to some degree, there is still a tendency for dentures to fallout while laughing, eating, talking, or smiling. Even kissing, coughing, or yawning can cause dentures to fall. Because implants are permanently fixed, they act just like healthy teeth and will not move.
- With dental implants, there is never a concern for the possibility of cavities. That said, implants do require care and maintenance the same way natural teeth require upkeep. This includes flossing, brushing, and visiting the dentist at regular intervals. In short, the restorative component of dental implants will never have cavities.
- Implants allow an individual to eat naturally, while those who wear dentures are always conscious when eating. With dental implants, eating, biting, and chewing food is entirely natural. Eating normally just as people do with natural teeth can be as easy as choosing dental implants. Building self-esteem and confidence is an added benefit of choosing modern implant technology.
- Speaking naturally is more assured when dental implants are embraced. It is a proven fact that dentures can alter the way a person talks. At times it is even a struggle to pronounce words. This does not happen with dental implants.
- Dentures can be troublesome and require constant removal, care, and maintenance. With implants, your teeth stay inside your mouth permanently. In most cases, dentures require removal each night for cleaning and soaking. Have the added confidence to know that your dental work is permanent by choosing implants.
- Dental implants are very effective at protecting the jawbone. Much research and years of experience have shown that empty spaces between teeth tend to cause jawbone deterioration over time. Implants are designed to fill in the gaps, thereby preserving natural bone and stimulating natural bone growth healthily and organically.
- Having a natural-looking face and a vibrant smile can be as simple as choosing a dental implant system. While dentures may cause the face to sag, implants do not alter the shape of the face affording a more natural and sustainable option for patients.
- With implants, there is no worry of embarrassment. Dental implant technology has evolved over the years resulting in an amazingly natural look, so there is never a worry of projecting an unnatural smile. With dentures, patients often become uncomfortable and end up losing their confidence when around other people. Implants prevent this from happening.
- stated, implants are durable, long-lasting, and exceptionally resilient. In fact, in many cases, implants can last an entire lifetime. Dentures, on the other hand, are intended to only last between seven and ten years. This is reason alone to consider all the dental implant technology has to offer thoughtfully.
- Finally, dental implants are considered robust, stable, and secure. Implant technology is so good today that it can restore lost teeth as if they were never lost in the first place. This is a crucial consideration, especially because other dental replacement options often lead to deterioration of bone and can ultimately interfere with smiling, speaking, eating, and a wide range of other activities.
These are just a few of the key aspects of cosmetic dentistry and dental implants that should be considered by patients looking for a smart alternative to dentures and bridges. Years of experience and the hard work of many dedicated periodontists and oral surgeons have resulted in a type of dental science and advanced technology that has become highly dependable and incredibly successful. Meet with our dental implant specialists today to learn more about this innovative, unique, and rewarding dental care option. Today, looking great has never been so close at hand.
- Why Have Dental Implants Become So Popular?
- Why Do I Need Dental Implant?
- The Benefits of Dental Implants
- Single Tooth Dental Implants
- The Cost of Dental Implants in Houston
- RIDGE AUGMENTATION & SINUS LIFT