Today more than ever before people of all ages have so many options when it comes to dental care and dental treatments. From cosmetic dentistry to root canal treatment and dental implants as well as routine fillings, dentistry has evolved and advanced in amazing ways in recent decades. That said dental bridges play an important role in helping those with lost teeth replace them so as to enjoy a normal and vigorous lifestyle. Whether a patient requires replacing just one tooth or several missing teeth in a row, typically there is more than one way to address the problem. Dental bridges have proven successful over the years in helping to restore a more natural smile and normal functionality when it comes to eating, talking or simply even just laughing.
Most notably, those with substantial tooth loss will find dental bridges to be far more functional than perhaps dentures. While dentures require constant care and upkeep, a bridge becomes a permanent part of the patient’s mouth. Herein lies the key to the effectiveness of dental bridges. They differ from dentures in that they are cemented into the mouth and are designed to stay there. Conversely, dentures are usually held in place with some type of dental adhesive and are prone to falling out. When a bridge is properly maintained and regular routine oral hygiene is followed, the end result can be greater convenience and largely improved functionality. Best of all, most patients agree that dental bridges feel exactly like natural teeth as compared to removable dentures.
Improved Aesthetics And Greater Functionality
Over time a dental bridge becomes unnoticeable to the patient because they are so much like natural teeth. Similar to crowns in many ways, dentures quickly become part of the patient’s mouth in terms of comfort and appearance. As an added bonus, most of today’s modern dental bridges allow the patient to generate more force when eating as compared to dentures that can easily become damaged. Dentures present another problem in that they are a prosthetic that tends to shift and move frequently. Even when dentures are anchored in place with dental adhesive they still could slip while eating, talking or laughing. While dental bridges do tend to cost a little more than removable dentures, the advantages of improved aesthetics and greater functionality clearly make up for the difference in cost. In addition, a dental bridge as well as crowns can be expected to last around seven years and in some cases as much as 10 years or more. These are considered conservative estimates because bridges and crowns that are properly maintained can easily last for three decades or an entire lifetime.
Let’s face it having missing teeth can have an almost devastating effect on an individual’s confidence while around others. Modern state-of-the-art dental bridges are intended to solve this problem by addressing missing teeth or a single missing tooth with a natural looking and strong replacement. Most appealing of all is the fact that dental bridge treatment is nonsurgical in nature and provides for a natural look with normal functionality. With proper care, dental bridges will function normally for decades. Patients should always remember that putting off dental care or treatment including tooth replacement can result in serious long-term health consequences. Here are a few of the reasons why dental bridges are so popular today for patients of all ages.
Six Reasons Why Dental Bridges Are a Smart Choice
- Dental bridges provide unsurpassed levels of comfort and improved confidence and self-esteem in patients who have lost teeth or an individual tooth to disease or some type of traumatic injury. Bridges become part of the patient’s mouth and are treated exactly like natural teeth in that they must be brushed, flossed and cared for regularly.
- From a preventative point of view, dental bridges effectively protect against bone reabsorption or bone loss after a tooth or teeth have been lost. This fact alone is reason enough to consider having dental bridge treatment.
- Dental bridges are unique in that they help to preclude future problems that may arise from adjacent teeth moving or shifting out of place. It is a known fact that empty tooth spaces left unaccounted for can cause cascading problems from a dental health perspective.
- From an economical and noninvasive standpoint, bridges are far less invasive and more cost effective than other similar types of treatments. While dental implants and root canal as well as other treatments are highly effective, sometimes cost is a major factor. The good news is that dental bridges are considered a less expensive treatment that does not compromise quality or dental health and wellness.
- Bridges have proven over many decades to be highly successful in terms of durability and stability. This is especially true when comparing dental bridges to removable dentures. Long-term reliability, dependability and strength in terms of functionality means that bridges are a viable solution for patients of any age who have lost teeth or a tooth for one reason or another.
- Dental bridges are known to be safe, effective and great looking. Restoring a natural and vibrant smile can be as simple as embracing all the modern dental bridges have to offer. From bolstering self-esteem to improved self-confidence, having healthy and natural looking teeth can be as easy as taking full advantage of all that this innovative tooth replacement technology has to offer.
The Best Solution For Your Specific Needs
Considered by many to be one of the most popular choices when it comes to tooth replacement, dental bridges have advantages and benefits that simply must be explored. Patients are advised to work with their dental care providers in a team effort. Consult with your periodontist, endodontist and general dental health care provider to find the best solution for your specific needs when it comes to long-term dental health.